Last year I conducted a historical fiction survey. As regular readers of A Writer of History know, more than 800 participants responded creating the first ever comprehensive set of data on historical fiction preferences. And … I want to go through the craziness again, but I need your help.
Beyond the topics included in last year’s summary report, participants provided input on favourite authors, favourite websites, blogs and social media sites, aspects that detract from enjoyment of historical fiction, and reasons for not reading historical fiction.
- What new topics would be useful to explore?
- What correlations amongst topics might offer further insights?
- How can I reach more participants beyond North America?
- How can I reach a higher portion of younger readers and male readers?
- Please email me maryktod [at] gmail [dot] com if you are willing to help get the word out when it comes time to publish the survey link.
Please use the comments to respond or my email if you prefer.
Many thanks for your help. Feel free to share this post with others.