I should be thankful at all times of the year, but Christmas always prompts me to look back and look forward in appreciation. Here’s some of the things I’m giving thanks for:
- my wonderful family – which now includes our first grandchild
- my husband who is both lover and best friend … and a hell of a cook
- my 88-year-old mother who offers wisdom and unconditional love
- great friends who share good times and tough times
- a second career as a writer – a career I am passionate about
- good health – a few creaky bits but that comes with the territory
- a tremendous city to live in – and yes, we got rid of Rob Ford
- publishing a second novel Lies Told in Silence – with special help from my husband and editor/cover designer Jenny Quinlan
- a supportive and embracing historical fiction community
- a beautiful country to be proud of
I feel very fortunate and wish you all the joy of the season.
M.K. Tod writes historical fiction and blogs about all aspects of the genre at A Writer of History. Her latest novel, LIES TOLD IN SILENCE is set in WWI France and is available in paperback from Amazon and in e-book formats from Amazon, Nook, Kobo, Google Play and iTunes. Mary can be contacted on Facebook, Twitter and Goodreads.