In October 2013, the second comprehensive survey of historical fiction reached more than 2400 participants. Resulting survey data offers intriguing perspectives on favourite authors, time periods and story types, the reading habits of men and women, attitudes concerning pricing and indie books, and the growing influence of social media on all aspects of reading.
Posts about the survey include:
- 2013 Historical Fiction Survey Results provides a PDF document containing participant data in chart form along with highlights for each survey question.
- 2013 Favourite Historical Fiction Authors includes the top forty authors selected by survey participant. Men Have Their Say shows a male view of favourite authors.
- A Reader’s Paradise lists 312 reading related blogs and websites operated by survey participants.
- Favourite blogs and reading sites are also available.
- Information on the 2012 survey can be found here.
Follow A Writer of History to receive future survey analysis first hand. [The FOLLOW button is on the left hand side below Recent Posts.]
I am very grateful to Richard Lee, founder of the Historical Novel Society for supporting the 2013 survey. Through HNS, I have discovered a wealth of information on historical fiction and an incredibly robust community of readers and writers.