A number of authors associated with Lake Union Publishing have banded together to host a Twitter Party – the purpose is to chat about books, writing, reading and anything else as well as giving away oodles of prizes.
I’m giving away 3 paperback copies of Time and Regret.
When Grace Hansen finds a box belonging to her beloved grandfather, she has no idea it holds the key to his past—and to long-buried family secrets. In the box are his World War I diaries and a cryptic note addressed to her. Determined to solve her grandfather’s puzzle, Grace follows his diary entries across towns and battle sites in northern France, where she becomes increasingly drawn to a charming French man—and suddenly aware that someone is following her…
Join me and and 36 other authors for what promises to be an exciting and rewarding time. Use #LakeUnionAuthors to participate. March 7th starting at 4:30 EST.
Ever wanted to know … where writers find inspiration? how many cups of coffee we drink each day? who writes in their pyjamas? why we choose to kill characters? how much research we do? what our characters are going to do next? how long it takes to write a novel? what it takes to write great sex scenes? what’s your next novel? how do you choose a title? a cover design?
What’s my next novel? It’s set in 1870s Paris during major historical events like the siege of Paris and the Paris Commune are going on. Lots of conflict, danger, and devastation plus romance.
Those participating write a variety of genres: historical, contemporary, mystery, romance and so on. Other authors you can expect to chat with:
- Nancy Star author of Sisters One, Two, Three
- Kay Bratt author of Wish Me Home (March 21, 2017)
- Nicola Marsh author of Rescuing Rose
- Rochelle Weinstein author of Where We Fall
- Aimie K Runyan author of Duty to the Crown
- Camille Pagan author of Forever is the Worst Long Time
- J A Stone author of Life Unexpected
- Joy Jordan-Lake author of A Tangled Mercy (Oct 2017)
- Catherine Ryan Hyde author of Say Goodbye For Now
- Steena Holmes author of Abby’s Journey
- Virginia Franken author of Life After Coffee
- Barbara Taylor Sissel author of Faultlines
- Patricia Sands author of I Promise You This
- Thelma Adams author of The Last Woman Standing
- Barbara Claypole White author of Echoes of Family
- Dina Silver author of The Unimaginable
- Elizabeth Blackwell author of In The Shadow of Lakecrest
- Lisa Steinke author of The Good Widow with Liz Fenton (June 2017)
- Jo Furniss author of All the Little Children (Sept 2017)
- Kerry Lonsdale author of All the Breaking Waves
- Lesley Kagen author of The Mutual Admiration Society
- Suzanne Kelman author of The Rejected Writers’ Book Club
- Marybeth Whelan author of The Things We Wish Were True
- Camille Di Maio author of Before the Rain Falls
- Grace Greene author of The Happiness in Between
- Megan Chance author of A Drop of Ink
- Barbara Josselsohn author of The Last Dreamer
- Emily Carpenter author of Burying the Honeysuckle Girls
- Catherine McKenzie author of Fractured
- Loretta Nyhan author of All the Good Parts
- Patricia P. Donovan author of Deliver Her
- Kerry Anne King author of Closer Home
- D.M. Pulley author of The Buried Book
- Marilyn Simon Rothstein author of Lift and Separate
- Christine Nolfi author of Sweet Lake
Come join us! March 7th beginning at 4:30 EST. Hash tag #LakeUnionAuthors
FOR MORE ON READING & WRITING HISTORICAL FICTION follow A WRITER OF HISTORY (using the widget on the left sidebar)
M.K. Tod writes historical fiction and blogs about all aspects of the genre at A Writer of History. Her latest novel, TIME AND REGRET was published by Lake Union on August 16, 2016. Mary’s other novels, LIES TOLD IN SILENCE and UNRAVELLED are available from Amazon, Nook, Kobo, Google Play and iTunes. She can be contacted on Facebook, Twitter and Goodreads or on her website www.mktod.com.