Readers provided their favourite digital and non-digital sources for book recommendations. I am very pleased that the Historical Novel Society will soon publish information and analysis about digital sources; in the meantime, here are results for non-digital sources:
- The top three categories are: Other Newspapers (typically city-based papers), New York Times Book Review and Book Review Magazines
- 19% of readers use only digital sources
- Bookstores and general magazines are significantly ahead of libraries
- The Times is almost exclusively mentioned by UK residents; the New York Times merits only one mention by a UK resident
- Readers cited a range of book review magazines and general magazines
- I’ve checked various demographics but see little variation based on sex, age or annual volume of books read.
I believe the most significant insight is that 1 in 5 readers indicated that they only use digital sources. Stay tuned for further information!