Roaming blogging land I have come across numerous blogs about historical fiction. Some focus on a particular historical period, some reflect a given writer’s work, some review historical novels, some celebrate long ago authors. I hope A Writer of History can augment the conversation by focusing on the reading, writing and researching of historical fiction.
Along the way, I’ll post about WWI and WWII because the era spanning these two world wars has become somewhat of an obsession for me and a focus for the fiction I write. You can find out about my novels here.
If you’re a first time visitor you might be interested in a few of the most popular posts by category.
FAVOURITE HISTORICAL FICTION AUTHORS
- 2013 Favourite Historical Fiction Authors
- 2012 Favourite Historical Fiction Authors
- Top Ten Ingredients of Favourite Historical Fiction
HISTORICAL FICTION SURVEY RESULTS
- 2013 Historical Fiction Survey Results
- 2012 Historical Fiction Survey Results
- Historical Fiction – She Says, He Says
- Historical Fiction Would Be Better If …
FINDING & TALKING ABOUT BOOKS
- Historical Fiction – Four Top Book Blogs
- Where Readers Find Recommendations – Digital Sources
- Where Readers Find Recommendations – Non-Digital Sources
WWI & WWII
- WWI Fashion – A Time of Change
- WWI Trench Standing Orders
- Four Dimensions of Researching WWI
- Historical Fiction – WWI and WWII Favourites
- Sharon Kay Penman
- Elizabeth Chadwick
- Edward Rutherfurd
- Philippa Carr, Victoria Holt, Jean Plaidy
- Barbara Kyle
- Deanna Raybourn
- Helen Hollick
I sincerely hope you’ll enjoy A Writer of History and will add your comments along the way.